Publication of 7th study report at IKP WG (April 28, 2023): [BGIN_WD_SR007_Study_Report_on_Selective_Disclosure]
Draft Study Report: Draft study report: Discussion Points: Potential Points of Failure of Stablecoins and-DeFi (March 29, 2023 version)
Publication of 6th study report at IKP WG (February 13, 2023): [BGIN WD SR010 Proposal of Principles of DeFi Disclosure and Regulation]
Publication of 5th study report at IKP WG (February 1, 2023): [Soulbound Tokens (SBTs) Study Report Part 1: Building and Embracing a New Social Identity Layer?]
Upcoming Events Details
- IAM, Key Management and Privacy Working Group
- IKP WG/SGIP bi-weekly call : on every other Thursday [Meeting Date, time, Link and Agenda ]
- Please register for the IKP-WG email list at this link
Decentralized Treasury Working Group bi-weekly call:
- The bi-weekly call takes place on every other Wednesday at 13:30 - 14:30 UTC.
- Please register for the DTWG email list at this link
- The information about the DTWG activities is at this link
ByLaw task force: 12:00-13:00 PM UTC, on every Tuesday.
Currently, there are no documents posted for public comment.
(Note to commenters)
For each comment, please make sure to include followings:
- Comment type: select one of “ed” (editorial), “te” (technical), “ge” (general)
- Reasons and explanation
- Suggested text
so that editors can act on your comment. Comments not conforming to the above will only be noted and may not acted upon.
- BGIN Block #8 meeting (Bol, Brač, Croatia), Thursday, May 4, 2023 to Sunday, May 7, 2023 [Details]
- Publication of 7th study report at IKP WG (April 28, 2023): [BGIN_WD_SR007_Study_Report_on_Selective_Disclosure]
- Publication of 6th study report at IKP WG (February 13, 2023): [BGIN WD SR010 Proposal of Principles of DeFi Disclosure and Regulation]
- Publication of 5th study report at IKP WG (February 1, 2023): [Soulbound Tokens (SBTs) Study Report Part 1: Building and Embracing a New Social Identity Layer?]
- BGIN Block #7 meeting (Virtual/in-person hybrid format hosted from Vancouver, Canada, by The University of British Columbia) Wednesday, November 30, 2022 to Friday, December 02, 2022 [Details]
- BGIN Block #6 meeting (Virtual/in-person hybrid format hosted from Zurich, Switzerland by the University of Zurich) July 26-28, 2022 [Program and Recording]
- Publication of 4th study report at IKP WG (June 6, 2022): [Incident Response of Decentralized Custody; A Case Stydy]
- Publication of 3rd study report at IKP WG (June 6, 2022):[NFT Study Report Part 1: Introduction and Use Cases]
- Publication of 2nd study report at IKP WG (April 21, 2022): [Study Report for Ransomware Reaction Part 1: General]
- BGIN Block #5 meeting (Virtual Japan/Tokyo) : April 4-6, 2022 [Program]
- Publication of 1st study report at IKP WG (November 11, 2021): [Present and Future of a Decentralized Financial System and the Associated Regulatory Considerations]
- Presentation at FATF’s Private Sector Consultative Forum on virtual assets (April 20, 2021) [Presentation slides]
- Meeting Report for the Block #4 Meeting: [Meeting Report Block #4]
A New Beginning…
On March 10, 2020, a group of people from various blockchain stakeholder groups agreed on the establishment of a new global network named Blockchain Governance Initiative Network (BGIN - pronounced ‘BEGIN’). Japan led the discussion at the G20 in 2019 as the presidency on the governance for decentralized finance in accordance with the experiences against high profile hacking incidents and of forming regulatory frameworks. Building on this background, this network aims at providing an open and neutral sphere for all stakeholders to deepen common understanding and to collaborate to address issues they face in order to attain sustainable development of the blockchain community.